- Download the latest Donkey version from bitbucket.org.
- In GH (type “grasshopper” in Rhino command line) select:
File > Special Folders > Components Folder.
Copy “donkey.gha” file to this folder. (Rhinoceros restart is needed.)
- Drag and drop “donkey.gha” file onto Grasshopper canvas.
(don´t forget to remove the older “donkey.gha” file to avoid GHA file duplicates)
- Download “32-bit Windows binaries MIDAS+T3D+OOFEM” (or here).
- Place it into easily remembered location on your hard-drive (e.g. C:/MIDAS).
- Add Donkey Analysis component into GH canvas and right click on it.
Select “Settings…”, new pop-up window should open (see figure below).
- Set remembered MIDAS location as a “path to MIDAS application”.
- Define working directory and confirm it by enter.
(if the text becomes green, a new folder is created).
Happy modeling and lot of fun with structural analysis!